Saturday, April 21, 2012

I hope you've found your Hogwarts

As you finally lay your head down to rest, I am here sitting thousands of miles away writing this post. Let this be my eulogy to you.

 I have to be honest, I never got a chance to know you but somehow I feel like I do in some way. Your passing has ached very heavily on many hearts but it has definitely taught me something. You don't necessarily have to know someone to grief. I thank you for teaching me how to care, to again realise that losing someone can be so much like losing a part of yourself. From all the praises I've heard about you, I conclude that your life was a dream. You had it all, a star athlete, a singer, a boyfriend and most importantly you were somebody's loving son.

 I hope as you are lowered into the ground, that you are above somewhere watching over everyone, giving them the strength to celebrate your life, your joy and the many memories you have instilled in all of us. This may be my first and last memory of you but I would keep it close in my heart. I say this on behalf of everyone you know that you will be greatly missed. I know I will miss you because I never really got the chance to meet you. I am sorry you had to leave so soon. I believe that God has a plan for everyone. And though you're not physically here anymore, I'm sure you're somewhere else fighting a greater battle for the good of us all.

Till then when I meet you, I wish you well, that your pain is relieved, that your heart is filled with happiness.

Like Wen says, "I hope you've found your Hogwarts".

Rest in peace Dominique Sarron Lee.


 Love, Denise

No comments: